This is a fantastic spontaneous alternative to jarred jams and preserves… especially in a pinch! It goes particularly well with a slathering of grass-fed butter over a warm slice of Paleo Bread. Mmmmmm…..
Mixed Berry “Jam”
- 2 cups Mixed berries, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon honey (only if necessary)
- Place berries and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice over low heat in small saucepan.
- Stirring occasionally, allow mixture to gently heat for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the berries start to give up their juices.
- Watching more closely, continue stirring over low to medium heat until some of the liquid has noticeably evaporated and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Taste and add more lemon juice and/or sweetener if necessary.
- Remove from heat and chill for at least an hour. The jam will thicken more as it cools.