I realize this recipe sounds extremely simple, but I must say, it is really great. I like to double or triple the recipe and freeze the final product in quart size Ziplocs for an easy mid-winter side dish.
- 12 medium sized carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, ends removed and chopped
- 8 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and onions and stir to coat with butter.
- Stirring occasionally, cook the mixture until the carrots are tender.
- Salt to taste.