Roasted Beet Salad
Serves 4 as a side
- 4 Large beets
- ¼ – ½ cup red onion, diced small
- ¾ to 1 cup crumbled goat feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place beets in baking dish with 1/2 cup water and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until they can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Peel, cool and dice. Place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Add about half of the dressing to beets. Toss.
- Add onion, feta, and pecans, setting aside a small amount of each for garnish if desired.
- Taste. Add more dressing, salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve chilled.