I first very happily saw a recipe for homemade Pinkberry-style frozen yogurt years ago at 101cookbooks.com and have since seen this one at the Pinkberry blog. For my version, I reduce the amount of sweetener drastically and change it from conventional sugar to honey or maple syrup. Just another reminder how much you really don’t need to add all that much sweetener in order to have a wonderfully perky refreshing and fresh treat!
- 24 ounces whole fat Greek style yogurt, about 3 cups
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the yogurt, syrup, and vanilla until well combined. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Freeze the yogurt mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place in freezer until ready to use.
- Serve with fresh berries.