This Paleo Pizza recipe is for one of those dishes that offers a wide range of individual interpretation. The ingredients and amounts listed here are just to get you started. Amounts will depend on how large your mushroom caps are and just how much you enjoy a particular ingredient. Choose your own array of favorite pizza toppings and have fun experimenting!
Portabella Mushroom Paleo Pizza
- 4 large Portabella Mushroom caps
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- ½ red or green bell pepper, chopped medium
- ¼ medium white or yellow onion, chopped medium
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
- 2 oz. pepperoni slices
- Dried Italian herb blend
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash mushrooms. Remove stems and set aside. Place mushroom caps upside down on a pan and drizzle with olive oil and minced garlic. Salt lightly.
- Place mushrooms in oven for 10 minutes while preparing the filling.
- Chop the mushroom stems into medium pieces and combine with the marinara sauce, pepper and onion in a medium bowl.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and fill with marinara mixture.
- Top with pepperoni and cheese. Sprinkle several shakes of dried herb blend over the top of each pizza.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes, until the mixture is heated through and the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.