This is a really simple recipe to make that will please a good many people. This is also a recipe featured in my 17 Delectable Desserts eBook. Enjoy!
- 3 cold eggs
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil (or a combination of both)
- ½ cup milk or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ to ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter an 8-inch square pan or a 6 x 8 inch pan.
- Combine the butter, milk, and salt in a double boiler set over barely simmering water or very carefully in a medium saucepan over super low heat stirring constantly. Once the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth, set aside until warm, not hot. Add vanilla extract.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, finely chop dates. Add almond flour, coconut flour, and blend until the mixture is consistent.
- Combine butter mixture with the date mixture. Process until mixture is consistent.
- Add butter mixture to beaten eggs and whisk together for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool entirely before cutting.