This curried green beans and coconut dish is an absolute mess of goodness. So many flavors and textures, it is the perfect way to give new purpose to the abundance of green beans from your garden. If you like dishes that involve curry, coconut, and bacon, you should also be sure to check out my Amazing Chicken Curry Salad.
Curried Green Beans with Coconut
Serves 4-6 as a side
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- crumbled bacon (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Melt butter or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Sautee onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add all spices and combine well.
- Add flaked coconut and green beans and stir until the beans are well coated.
- Add ½ cup of the coconut milk and cook until the beans are softened but still slightly crispy, about 5 or so minutes.
- Add remaining coconut milk, stir to combine, and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and sliced almonds.
Ready for dessert? Check out these recipes: