Elegant, delightfully flavored, and simple to put together, this salad is absolutely one of my favorites. It is also the featured salad on the cover of the 17 Indispensable Salads eBook, which contains seventeen salads that are staples in our paleo lifestyle.
Crunchy Almond Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Serves 2 as an entrée, 4 -6 as a side
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, plus a few more for garnish
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 5 oz arugula mixed with spring greens
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes (from a jar), drained and chopped or sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper (from a jar), drained and chopped or sliced
- 6 oz chicken, pre-cooked, cooled, and shredded or cubed
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl thoroughly toss all salad ingredients together with about half of the vinaigrette.
- Taste and add more vinaigrette if necessary.
- Serve on individual plates and garnish with sliced almonds.