I cannot think of enough nice things to say about this bread loaf! It is well-balanced in flavor, light, yet well-structured, texturally perfect and truly very tasty.
Basic Paleo Bread Loaf
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup chestnut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 7 eggs, divided, room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, slightly warmed
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8.5″ x 4.5″ bread loaf pan (or similar size) and line the bottom with parchment. Grease the parchment.
- Place almond meal, tapioca flour, chestnut flour, soda, and salt in a food processor and briefly pulse until consistent.
- Add the coconut oil, egg yolks and milk and process just until the mixture is smooth. Add honey and blend.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until firm but still wet.
- Blend about 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the almond mixture to lighten it somewhat (it will still be a rather thick paste).
- Now, fold the remainder of the egg whites and almond mixture into one another. Be careful to not over mix the batter!
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Gently smooth the top of the batter to even it out.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until set. Check the loaf about half way through the bake time. If your loaf is browning too quickly you can cover it with foil and continue baking.
- Cool on rack.
- Serve with Mixed Berry “Jam”