This party favorite appetizer is a nice alternative if you prefer to not stuff your poppers with cheddar cheese or cream cheese. If you do eat Greek yogurt, the Cilantro Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce is a great accompaniment to these poppers. Otherwise, serve with lime wedges and drizzle a bit of lime juice just before each bite.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Chorizo Poppers
- ½ pound ground chorizo, cooked
- 10 jalapeño peppers
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 pound bacon – thin sliced
- Lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Cut jalapeños in half vertically and clean out the seeds and veins.
- Combine cooked chorizo, green onions and egg in a bowl.
- Stuff jalapeños with chorizo mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño half with a slice of bacon. Place on lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and to your liking.